This department includes qualified researchers, engineers and technicians. The department supports the other departments with the teaching process for related subjects.
The work axes of the department can be summarized as the following:
- Preparation and characterization of materials (polymers, glass and ceramics, metal alloys)
- Characterization of electronic components.
- Laser applications.
- Solar energy and its applications.
The department takes out development works and studies in the field of applied physics and measurements such as:
- Thick matter thermodynamic modeling.
- Study of materials with conductivity.
- Manufacture of models for some sensors and ferrite elements.
- Temperature measurement using laser.
- Study of ceramic materials.
- Uses of solar energy.
it benefits from the availability of a group of specialized laboratories such as:
- Optical Fiber Laboratory.
- Chemistry of Materials Laboratory
- Structural analysis of materials Laboratory.
- Thermal and mechanical testing laboratory.
- Radiological reagents laboratory.
In addition to a workshop for manufacturing glass tools and devices.